I imagine you have heard of arachnophobia (the fear of spiders) or claustrophobia (fear of confined or crowded spaces). But have you ever heard of a pseudo phobia, called Ostrich Complex?
This phobia only affects marketing materials like websites and landing pages, and is quite the opposite of phobo-phobia - which is the fear of fear itself. Ostrich Complex happens to websites that are afraid.
Signs and symptoms of websites with Ostrich Complex are:
- It refuses to give any real answers to hard questions
- It hides important product or service information from visitors, like Pricing
- It avoids difficult subjects like competitor info and doesn't want to talk about its problems at all
- It lacks common answers to questions like a Q&A section
- It offers little to no value to your potential customers
- They refuse to give you the information you are looking for… i.e. what is your secret to keeping your website ADA compliant at all times?
Unfortunately, Ostrich Complex is a fairly common symptom of traditional websites. But, there's hope. Take our website personality quiz, and discover more about how your website is interacting with people.